About the heads
Name – Catwa – Jessica
Designer – Catwa
Version – v4.3
Cost – 3,599L
Expression Hud – Yes – 9 expressions that can be frozen or played as an animation
Blinking – Yes
Eyes Open/Closed – Yes (includes two partially closed options)
Mouth Open/Closed – Yes (three ‘standard’ mouth poses)
Teeth – Includes 3 teeth and 2 ’empty mouth’ textures
Skins & Make-up
Skin tones included – 8 tones (matching The Skinnery body appliers)
Make up options included – 5 eyeliners, 3 blush, 16 lipstick and 4 lash options.
Can other skin designers make appliers for it? – Yes
Omega Head Applier compatible? – Yes (read about Omega info here)
The best bits:
- Fits Maitreya, Slink, Belleza, EBody, Tonic and most other mesh bodies very well.
- I LOVE the animation features in this. Whilst I would probably only use the ‘normal to small smile’ animation, I like that it’s there as an option. Basically the ‘gestures’ make your face go from whatever your standard facial pose is (I use open eye with a small smile) to that expression and back again, over and over. Kinda like the old facial expression animations.
- The HUD save spaces are incredible, I LOVE that I’ll be able to save all of my favourite appliers right there in my HUD.
- The lashes are gorgeous, and Catwa did so well to think to include a ‘mask mode’ option for them, because the reason they look so good is that they use alpha-blending, which can cause issues with hair sometimes.
- The teeth options! Love love love them.
- The eyes – I’ve noticed mesh heads have a tendency to look odd around the eye, so it’s great to see some more big-eyed options coming out.
- She’s set the new standard for mesh heads with this release, that I’m sure of. It won’t be to everyone’s taste, but I know that everyone will be watching her future releases keenly to see a head that they feel is ‘their’ style – because the features are unparalleled in sl at the moment.
- The skin tones matching The Skinnery’s appliers is a great touch.
The worst bits:
- I would love to see some softer eyeliner options included. Eyeliner is always so ‘harsh’ on mesh heads, my kingdom for a little natural smudging! hehe. But then again, I’m sure I’ll be able to purchase this when someone makes one no doubt 😉
- Adding bodyfat can make the head sit a little weird, but playing with the options can even it out a little.