I hope your weeks are all going well (or at least well-ish!). It’s been a crazy one for me, so I thought for something a little different, I might do a post to answer one of the more recent commonly asked questions – where do I find makeup for my mesh head?! With more and more mesh heads on the market (including the new Catwa Cindy head, which I’m wearing in this post!), it means two things – 1) there are more people than ever using mesh heads; and 2) there are more appliers than ever floating around as well!
With that in mind, I thought I would gather up a few of my favourite places to hunt down makeup (and facial hair for men). Obviously there are too many amazing stores in SL for me to list, so this is just to start you off!
- Alaskametro – Omega, Lelutka, Slink – Makeup of all kinds, hairbases and much more.
- ARISE – Catwa, Logo, Omega – Makeup of all kinds, plus tattoos and facial features (wrinkles/moles) and roleplay tattos (scratches, bites, crying etc).
- Kokolores – Catwa, Genesis Labs, Lelutka, Slink Visage – A mixture of makeup, tattoos and facial features (wrinkles/moles etc), and hairbases (Catwa and Eve mesh heads). I want so so badly to see more from this creator. I love her smudgey eye makeup (currently for lelutka only) and her system makeup has always been really on trend and well done, so please Kokolores, give me my smudged eyeshadow in Catwa and LOGO appliers! I’ll be good for like… a whole day!!!
- Mons – Catwa, Genesis Labs, Lelutka and TMP heads – Mainly makeup, lips and eyes. I noticed the store didn’t have a lot for Catwa in the way of eye makeup though, which is a shame because I did love the eyeshadow they make for Lelutka.
- Nova – Catwa, Fiore, Genesis Labs, Lelutka, Omega & TMP – Mainly makeup, lips and eyes.
- Izzie’s – Catwa, Omega, Lelutka, LOGO – Makeup, facial features (wrinkles/moles etc) and hairbases (LOGO) – I absolutely ADORE Izzie’s. Her skins are incredible and her make up and appliers are always so well done, I love shopping in her store. One favourite thing of mine is demos for appliers, and Izzie’s always provides them, which for me goes a long way!
- Shakeup – Catwa, Lelutka, TMP – Makeup.
- Slackgirl – Akeruka, Altamura, Catwa, Eve, Fiore, Genesis Labs, Lelutka, LOGO, Omega, Slink Visage, TMP – Makeup, facial tattoos and accessories.
- Chicago Inc and Newphe – Omega beards primarily
- Miss Canning – Omega beards
- Urbanix Hous – Omega & TMP – eyebrows and beards
You can also check out events. Some of my faves for finding new makeup include –
- Mesh Body Addicts Bi-Monthly (new round starts on the 10th!)
- The Dressing Room (a discount event for all item types, but usually has some!)
- The Makeover room (a cosmetics based event)
What’s your go-to store for mesh head make-up/tattoos etc? Make sure you share them in the comments so everyone else can check them out too!
Mesh Head – Cindy by Catwa
Mesh Body – Lara by Maitreya
Skin – Clara (Jamaican 1 special) by Glam Affair (Available at The Gatcha Garden) – Catwa applier
Lashes – Lashcoll07 by SlackGirl – Catwa lashes applier
Cheek tattoo – Heart Cheek by SlackGirl (group gift) – includes Catwa and Omega appliers
Eyeshadow – Light Smokey Eyeshadow by Veechi – Available for Catwa, Genesis Labs & Lelutka
Hair – Kirsten by Mina Hair (Available at FaMESHed)
Top – Betty bra with lace & Betty top by Addams – Includes Belleza (all), Maitreya & Slink (both) sizes
Shirts – Tazz shorts by Blueberry – Includes Belleza (all), Maitreya & Slink (both) sizes
Shoes – Gambia (cognac) shoes by Essenz (Gift available at FaMESHed) – Includes Maitreya & Slink (both) sizes
Pose – Cats are like music by LW Poses