First of all, I want to thank you all for your support and kind words in my last post. I was so overwhelmed by your repsonses of support – I couldn’t believe how many of you there were!! But I honestly want to thank each and every one of you for commenting. It’s so amazing to me that despite the bad I spoke about, there’s still so much love too, so thank you guys <3 <3 <3
Now, let’s take a recap of what’s new in meshland/SL land!
- MBA has a Forum! I have added a forum for the blog – you can check it out here and start making posts. With so many inworld groups and limitations in world, I thought having a forum outside of SL to discuss mesh heads/bodies, ask for help and make suggestions for designers would be useful. So share it, use it and enjoy it!
- LAQ has released a second mesh head – Maxine. The head is quite cute and features the same amazing functions as their first mesh head Trinity. I’ll be updating the LAQ review when I have a chance, but for me Maxine looks so much like Trinity, which is a shame, I would love to see a really different look from them! It’s still a beautiful head though. The issue with the scalp still exists unfortunately – though the heads have a scalp hide and two scalp sizes, it’s still quite vastly different to the SL avatar head, so some rigged hair cuts in front, so that’s something to be aware of. Anyway for now, here’s the low down:
- Price – 3,100L
- Expressions – 13 with their ‘skip fwd’ ability (meaning you can ‘free frame’ the expressions for use with photos if you wish)
- Teeth – 4 options, including gaps and vampire teeth.
- Signature have released a male mesh head, so if you’re a fan of their body you can check that out in their inworld store!
- Truth Hair now has a ‘Truth VIP’ group in world. This group will give members a free fatpack of an exclusive hairstyle each month in the first week. Join fee is 265L – paste the following into your local chat and hit enter and a link to the group join will pop up: secondlife:///app/group/7ebc6331-a002-2735-2597-c7badaae368a/about
- Luxebox is open for this month’s round – you can get all the info here https://www.luxeboxsl.com, but brands taking part this round are: Addams * Blueberry * Empire * Flowey * Foxes * ISON * Little Bones * Jian * Moon * Rowne * Scarlet Creative * Tarte – to join the group (it’s a 1500L fee to pay for the box) paste this in your local chat and click on the link: secondlife:///app/group/84947bf1-aa1a-1c1c-daa7-64c7a786131b/about
- Linden Labs have announced an increase in prims! Huzzah! Mainland was first, and they now have 22,500 prims per sim – in the next few months private sims will go up to 20,000 prims and homesteads to 5,000 prims, WITH the possibility of paying a fee to bring a private sim up to 30,000. Exciting! You can read more here.
Up next – A look at Firestorm’s bento viewer (it’s in alpha stage right now), a more in-depth look at bento and what it will mean for us meshies!
Thanks Maddicts, and have an amazing week!
Mesh Body – Freya by Belleza
Mesh Head – Maxine by LAQ
Eyes – Ultimate eyes by GA.EG
Skin – Olivia by Belleza – LAQ head applier
Hair – Farah by Mina Hair (Available at Fameshed)
Top/Jacket – Radiance by Blueberry – Includes sizes for Belleza (all), Maitreya & Slink (both)
Cargos – Imagine Military Cargos by Vinyl (Available at Uber) – Includes sizes for Belleza (all), Maitreya & Slink (both)
Shoes – Nevada boots by KC Couture – Includes sizes for Belleza (all), Maitreya & Slink (both)
Location – Days of O