About the head
Name – Catwa – Gwen
Designer – Catwa
Version – v4.6
Cost – 3,599L (upgrade Expressions 5,000L)
Expression Hud – Yes – 9 expressions that can be frozen or played as an animation (upgrade includes 12 eye and 42 mouth animations that can be mix and matched for 504 different looks)
Blinking – Yes
Eyes Open/Closed – Yes (includes two partially closed options)
Mouth Open/Closed – Yes (three ‘standard’ mouth poses)
Teeth – Includes 3 teeth and 2 ’empty mouth’ textures and ‘teeth clipper’ to change style of teeth to straight.
Skins & Make-up
Skin tones included – 7 tones, each with 5 eyebrow colours (matching The Skinnery body appliers)
Make up options included – 5 eyeliners, 3 blush, 20 lipstick, 1 eyebrow style and 4 lash options.
Can other skin designers make appliers for it? – Yes
Omega Head Applier compatible? – Yes (read about Omega info here)
The best bits:
- Fits Maitreya, Slink, Belleza, EBody, Tonic and most other mesh bodies very well.
- I LOVE the animation features in this. Whilst I would probably only use the ‘normal to small smile’ animation, I like that it’s there as an option. Basically the ‘gestures’ make your face go from whatever your standard facial pose is (I use open eye with a small smile) to that expression and back again, over and over. Kinda like the old facial expression animations.
- As with all the Catwa heads, I love the makeup options and the ability to easily save these into the hud as well.
- The teeth options! Love love love them. I’m especially glad she’s included a ‘teeth clipper’ option with the Gwen head, because although it’s never really bothered me before, now that I can have straight teeth I want them! hehe.
- She’s set the new standard for mesh heads with this release, yet again! The addon pack is well worth it if you’re into photography, role-play or just like expressions – but the standard head comes with 9 amazing expressions anyway so it’s not a ‘must’ for those that are budget conscious.
- The skin tones matching The Skinnery’s appliers is a great touch.
The worst bits:
- I’ve noticed (at least on my PC) that with so many animations and layers, sometimes my head can get stuck in between animations. This could well be an issue with my PC, but if it does happen to you, I noticed that by changing the expression briefly, it fixes itself. Similarly for layer issues (such as apply an eyeshadow/blush and not seeing it come up, or vice versa), changing the expression will kick your graphics to fix it, which is a good workaround.