About the heads
Name – Labyrinth – Omega compatible heads
Designer – Labyrinth
Version – 1.0
Cost– 250L (includes mesh head only, so be aware you’ll need to buy skins etc as well)
Expression Hud – No
Note – I am using the ‘Fox’ skin applier HUD for this review – this skin/HUD is available at Labyrinth
Blinking – No
Eyes Open/Closed – No
Mouth Open/Closed – No
Skins & Make-up
Skin tones included – None, head is white until a skin is purchased and applied to it.
Make up options included – Will vary depending on skin HUD creator – but Labyrinth’s include smooth, stubble and heavy stubble beard options, plus guyliner!
Can other skin designers make appliers for it? – Yes, the system is Omega responsive
Omega Head Applier compatible? – Yes
The best bits:
- The heads are gorgeous, there really wasn’t any that I didn’t like (from a female point of view anyway), so rawr! Shape C especially…. hellooooo sailor! By the way in the pics above I’m wearing Slink Physique male and there is zero seam (I didn’t edit these images). The fit is incredible.
- They’re omega compatible, which doesn’t mean a lot to men since there are so few omega skin products available for them, but hopefully this will encourage more skin makers to make skins for these gorgeous heads.
- I like that they come with a beard/tattoo layer. This will give more options for men as designers create more omega compatible face tattoos and beard options for the guys. Labyrinth sell a bunch already and they look amazing.
- The guyliner – now I know, this may not strike a cord with many men, but the guyliner is VERY subtle (though this is more a skin feature than a head feature, so be aware of that) but I love that the head can handle subtle makeup for men. One of my big gripes about SL men’s heads has always been the squinty/boxy eye look, and this helps soften that without making a man look like Prince (or #, $ or & – whatever his name is today).
The worst bits:
- It doesn’t have an expression HUD, but that’s okay, the first female heads didn’t have one either, but let’s let the guys have some expressions!! At least let them blink, I felt like Dario (who is apparently who I ‘become’ when I wear a male avatar for review purposes) had a bad case of dry eye going on.
- I think separating the heads and skins was both a good idea and a bad idea – I think many buyers may put their head on and go ‘what? I’m all white?’ and not know what’s going on – on the flip side though, it DOES mean you only pay for the skin you want to use with the head, so it’s a Catch22 on this one.