Note – due to the complexity of this body, the review is structured a little differently. Don’t be put off by the fact the ‘worst bits’ looks like it’s a long list – it’s not, it’s merely me trying to explain my thoughts 🙂
TMP offers a range of ‘packages’ for their mesh body, so instead of detailing them all, I’m going to include the information from their store board:
***Note – the Deluxe model states ’20’ hand poses. There are only 10 handposes, it’s just that with the deluxe body you can have different poses on each hand (they count this as 20), as opposed to the other bodies, where the right and left hand must always have the same pose.
Designer – The Mesh Project (TheShops!)
Omega – No
SLink hands/feet – No
TMP requires the use of three main HUDS – StyleMode (which is the primary clothing/skin/style HUD), a seperate Alpha HUD (if the body bought has one) and another HUD for purchasing content from the TheShops. Below on the left is the Alpha HUD that comes with the Deluxe Body, to the right is a screenshot of the ‘Stylemode’ HUD in action.
The best bits:
- Breasts – these are the best breasts I’ve seen so far for keeping their gorgeous shape when large and when smaller
- Butt – it definitely has a bubble butt, looks amazing
- The ‘visual’ style wardrobe that Stylemode offers is handy, although it’s very overdone (to the point of being too complicated)
- Alpha options were good and there were enough of them I felt for most items.
- The skin inclusions are great, as are the ‘cleavage’ and shading options that come with them. The quality is amazing.
- The fitmesh items sold by TheBoutique are a perfect fit and wonderfully textured
- The neck – I didn’t have any issues at all with neck seams or other issues, the body worked perfectly ‘out of the box’ for me, which I thought was incredible.
The worst bits:
- I’m just going to say it – the ‘girlie bits’. There is something squarish and flat about it that really bugs me. A woman’s ‘lady garden’ is rounded, soft… not totally flat on the front of her. So yeah, I really didn’t like that part 😛
- The feet… I really didn’t like the shape of the feet, they felt quite squarish, which was disappointing because the other areas of the body are just amazing
- Because of the way the body is designed, using ‘normal’ mesh on these bodies is very hard. The skeleton for this body is further down and backward than the SL skeleton, so sometimes mesh will fit the front but not the back, meaning you had to wear a size that was probably too big just to cover enough of the body to be effective with the alphas.
- The system (from purchase to every day use) is painful. Having to use the ‘Shopping HUD’ and ‘Stylemode’ everytime I wanted to go shopping at their stores was annoying. The HUDS take up your whole screen, and overlap each other making it hard to use them (and almost impossible to cam around the store). To buy their fitted mesh items, you have to ‘unlock’ the mesh that item refers to, then pay anywhere from 250L up just to buy a texture to put on that mesh… argh!
- Pricing – it’s expensive, plain and simple. Because of their use of an external server to manage clothing and get around LL’s TOS, you need to exchange linden for their ‘shopping’ dollars, however you can’t do this in less than 100L increments. Meaning, if I want to buy a 275L texture for the shorts mesh item (which I did), I would have to buy 300 dollars worth of ‘shops’ dollars – leaving me with an extra balance of 25L that I can’t change back to linden. Now you may say, why use their clothing? The reason is simple – there’s not much other mesh clothing for the body around (if any at all), so you’re stuck with applier clothing, which I don’t hate…. but designers need to be accepted by TMP before being able to design clothing for their mesh bodies, and it’s not Omega compatible…. so choices, I’m afraid, are limited.
- Feet are totally incompatible with Slink or other brands of shoes.
Best suited to:
This is a hard one. The body is great, and if you have the money to buy their items (or are happy to use mostly applier clothing) I think it might suit you. It’s more complicated than other bodies, but having said that the resulting look really is worth it… The curves you can achieve with this body are elegant and natural, so if you like curves, it’s a good choice.